wait is this real?

Having  grown up in the digital age my experience of learning and seeing historical monuments, paintings, documents, and more is so different to the experience of my parents. Due to the power of the web, I can learn thousands of facts about the Eiffel tower, maybe even take a digital 360 degree tour. Essentially I would be an expert in all things Eiffel tower related, but I have never been to Paris so  do I not really know what the Eiffel tower is? This would mean that reproductions on the internet are not  real because they are not the physical thing. I believe this is incorrect and that me being able to research and discover thousands of things about a place, a person, really anything is just the reality of the digital age. Digital Age of history has allowed people from all over the world learn and see things that they may never see in real life.  And is it not the intention of monuments and statues to be admired and talked about? 

An example of this is the National Women's History Museum, the museums website has well curated online exhibits. This allows anyone to enjoy the art the museum has on display from the comfort of anywhere. These types of websites allow people to do research and are great resources.

Comments

Popular Posts